Making rum balls is a lot of fun and incredibly messy. Licking your fingers is totally sanitary (so long as you wash your hands before the next batch)!
Fills one baking tray, makes about 37
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 1 cup of coconut
- 1 packet of arrowroot biscuits (take a few out, only needs 28)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rum
- Chocolate sprinkles (or extra coconut)
- Crush biscuits in a plastic bag, inside another plastic bag, using a rolling pin
- Combine crushed biscuits, coconut and cocoa
- Add condensed milk and rum
- Mix well. Use your hands. Lick fingers. Wash hands.
- With slightly damp hands and using your fingertips, form the mixture into small balls.
- Roll balls in another bowl filled with chocolate sprinkles (or coconut)
- Place balls on a baking tray or in a large tupperware container
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.