This is my personal favourite recipe for ANZAC biccies.
Fills three baking trays, makes about 36 biscuits.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 125g (4 oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Combine the dry ingredients: oats, sifted flour, sugar and coconut
- In another bowl, combine butter and golden syrup, stir over gentle heat until melted
- Mix soda with boiling water, add to melted butter mixture
- Stir butter mixture into dry ingredients
- Take teaspoonfuls of mixture and place on lightly greased trays; allow room for spreading.
- Cook in slow oven (150ºC or 300ºF) for 20 minutes.
- Loosen while still warm, then cool on trays.